Belwin Outdoor Science needed an offline solution for students participating in citizen science research field trips. Elementary school students from St Paul Public Schools spend their day at Belwin observing and gathering data before returning to Belwin Center to discuss their observations.
My team and I built the Belwin Citizen Science web application. It provides a solution for offline data gathering that gives students and staff more time to explore and learn. The app is designed for iPads and was built with young users in mind.
- Students can navigate through data gathering views while offline
- Students can enter data for all specimins on site
- Application verifies that the device is online before data can be submitted
- Staff can log in and view the data collected during the day
- Staff can create new user accounts
Student Offline Navigation
Student Data Entry
Staff Data View
- SEAN Stack (postgreSQL, Express, AngularJS, Node.js)
- AngularJS Material