There are too many cool places to be able to remember all of them. Often we forget places that people suggest to us, or we forget places that we love when we are asked for recommendations.
At Prime Digital Academy students are given the challenge of building a full stack application in 2 weeks. I built Explorinator to address the problem of keeping track of places.
Explorinator is an app that lets users save and share the places that they love and places that they want to explore to their own map. Users can add notes and custom categories, and decide which places they want to display on their public map for friends to see.
- Users can add places to their map via google places search
- Users can edit places on their map
- Users can easily change Place to Explore to Favorite Place
- Users can add custom categories
- Non-users can view user’s places on the user’s public map
Main map view
View details about your places
Add places with Google Places Autocomplete
Create custom categories
- MEAN Stack (mongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js)
- Google Maps API
- Google Places API
- AngularJS Material
- Users can become friends with other users, friends can add places to each other’s maps
- Users can add places using current location or marker drop
- Increased search/filtering function for map
- Alerts when user is near a marked Place to Explore