At Hack the Gap 2018 my team chose to make an application that would help people and adoptable animals find each other. Using the conventions of dating app Tinder, we built Pawsibilities - Find Your Purrfect Match.
Hack the Gap is a two day hackathon. Projects are pitched and built on day one, and presented on day two.
Pawsibilities received the Twilio Unicorn Award "for the most creative/surprising/ambitious/audacious hack"
- Users can create and log in to their own accounts
- Users browse adoptable pets
- Pets that have been previously viewed are not shown again
- Users can view details of each pet
- Users can click to like or pass on each pet
- Users can view all their liked animals in one page
- Users can contact the appropriate shelter via a link in the pet's details
Meet an adoptable pet
View details about a pet
View all liked pets
Review details of liked pets
Contact a shelter about a pet
- SEAN Stack (postgreSQL, Express, AngularJS, Node.js)
- Petfinder API
- Users can view more types of pets
- Users can set "ideal pet" filters that will trigger an alert when you find a "purrfect match"
- Ability to share animals on social media
- Native mobile app
- Bring in more data sources, including local shelters